This policy outlines the forms of personal information we receive and collect when you use The Sophisticated Gourmet, as well as some of the steps taken to protect your information.
A Brief Overview
In order to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, we gather information using cookies, beacons, and traffic managing software. We only do so for the following reasons:
– We may use the information to improve our products and services.
– We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
– From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We Do Not Share/ Sell / Rent Your Information
We are very committed to protecting your personal information. Under no circumstances do we share, sell, or rent any of your personal information without your prior written permission, unless: (1) it is so ordered by a court of law, (2) we need to safeguard the rights or property of The Sophisticated Gourmet and/or the users of this site.
How We Protect Your Privacy: Security
Here at The Sophisticated Gourmet, we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Children Under The Age of 13
Under no circumstances do we knowingly allow those under 13-years of age to provide us with personally identifying information. We care very much about protecting the privacy of children. Children under the age of 13 should always get the permission of their parents, or legal guardian(s) to send any information about themselves (i.e. Name, email address, telephone number[s]). If you are under 13-years of age, please do not provide us with any personally identifying information.
The Information We Collect & Log Files
The Information we collect from you was either supplied by you from (1) registering to receive emails, (2) commenting on the site, (3) by clicking around the site (we gather these details through log files, which do not link to any personally identifiable information).
Just as many standard websites around the web, The Sophisticated Gourmet uses log files. These include: browser type, internet service provider (ISP), internet protocol addresses (IP addresses), referring / exit pages, platform type, time stamp, and the amount of clicks (used to administer the site, track user movement in the aggregate, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use, analyze trends, etc). These are not linked to any personally identifiable information, and are solely used for internal review; they are not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
More On The Information We Collect
• Cookies: Occasionally, we may use “cookies” to help personalize your online experience on The Sophisticated Gourmet. Web Cookies, also known as HTTP Cookies, or simply “cookies”, are small parcels of information that are sent by a server to be stored by a web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.). These parcels of information are then sent back, unchanged, each time the web browser accesses that server. Basically, a web cookie is a piece of data stored on a user’s computer, which is tied to information about that user, however, this information is not personally identifiable. Cookies help us learn which areas of our site are helpful, and which need improvement.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your web browser; however, if you so choose to decline cookies, you may not receive the full experience of the features this site offers.
• Opt-Out: To opt-out of cookies, please utilize the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
• Beacons: Web beacons are transparent image files used to keep track of your journey around a website, or collection of websites. They are regularly used by sites that hire third-party services to keep track of site traffic. Often, they are used in association with cookies to help understand how visitors interact with certain content on a website.
• Advertising: We use third-party advertising to serve ads whenever you visit The Sophisticated Gourmet. This site may serve third-party advertisements that employ the use of web cookies, and web beacons, to ascertain how many times an advertisement has been seen by you. No personally identifiable information you share on this site is provided to them for cookie or web beacon use. In other words, they are unable to identify you with that information on this site.
Should you choose, you can decline or have your web browser notify you if a cookie is being sent, you can do so by modifying the settings in your web browser. Additionally, there is privacy software that can be used to override web beacons, if you chose to take any of these actions, there shouldn’t be any problems viewing this site.
Comment Form Information
When submitting a comment on this site, it is required that you provide us with your email address. You email address is not shared in the comments, unless you so choose to share it your comment. When submitting a comment, your name and URL (if applicable) are only shared, along with your comment. Please do keep in mind that your comments may be read, collected, or used by other users of The Sophisticated Gourmet, including anonymous users.
Release of Information
If for any reason, The Sophisticated Gourmet is sold or signs a merger with another site or organization, any information we have collected from you through your voluntary involvement in this site may be transfered to the new owner as part of the sale. This would be done so that the services being provided to you may continue. In the event The Sophisticated Gourmet is sold, or does merge, you will receive notice through our website, and we will be sure to make reasonable efforts to ensure that the purchaser honors any opt-out requests you may ask of us.
The Correction and Removal of Information