How to Fry an Egg
I have used this egg frying method, for years and it always results in a perfectly cooked egg with no burns, no chewy whites, or globules on the egg whites! This is the perfect way to fry an egg!
To properly fry an egg, you want the freshest eggs as possible. Not the eggs that have been in your refrigerator since last month (you know who you are). Fresh eggs. If you are unable to get fresh, organic eggs, supermarket eggs that fall within the sell-by date, should work fine, too.
1 tspn unsalted butter
1 large egg
2. Gently place the egg in the skillet, then cover the pan and cook until the egg white is solid.
3. Keep cooking the egg until it’s sunny side up.
• For an egg that is over easy, flip the egg over and cook the egg for about 35 seconds more.
• For an egg that is over medium, an additional 45 seconds will do.
• If you prefer an egg that is over hard, just cook it for about an extra minute.
Enjoy with a sprinkling of salt and ground black pepper!
© the sophisticated gourmet | http://sophisticatedgourmet.com