Mom’s Amazing Spaghetti and Meatball Recipe
• 1 Pound of Ground Beef (can use grass-fed)
• 2 Packets of Sazón Goya with Coriander and Annatto Badia Sazon Tropical*
• About 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
• About 1 tablespoon of onion powder
• 7 or 8 Spanish Olives, diced (preferably Goya) – OPTIONAL
• 1 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
• 1 egg
• About ¼ cup of julienned green and red bell peppers
• 1 medium sized onion, julienned
• About 1 ½ to 2 Cups of Vegetable Oil (to fry meatballs)
• 24 fluid ounces of your favorite jarred pasta sauce (if you prefer, you can use homemade)
• 12 fluid ounces of water
• 1 pound of spaghetti
* Recently, we discovered that Sazón Goya had MSG in it, so we now use a brand, which is just as good as the Goya Brand AND has no MSG. It is called Badia Sazon Tropical (this)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients.
2. Form mixture into bite-sized meatballs (roughly 2 inches in diameter)
3. Fry the meatballs in the vegetable oil until browned (the amount of oil is an approximation). Once the meatballs have been fried, do not throw away the oil. Reserve it for the next few steps.
4. Place the meatballs aside.
5. Sauté the onions and bell peppers in ¼ cup of the reserved oil until translucent. Add the onions, peppers (and the oil that you used to sauté the mixture) into a large pot with the sauce and water. Heat the sauce.
6. Once the sauce is hot, place the meatballs into the sauce. Cook on a low heat for about 1 hour.
7. Stir at least every 15 minutes.
8. Serve along with spaghetti or your favorite pasta.
© the sophisticated gourmet | http://sophisticatedgourmet.com